For the 12th consecutive yr, the Montreal Canadiens are
teaming up with the Fondation de l’athlète d’excellence (FAEQ) to reward the
future generation in women’s and men’s hockey. Tonight, prior to the NHL match
concerning the Montreal Canadiens and the Anaheim Ducks at the Bell Centre, 29 of
Quebec’s most promising hockey university student-athletes every been given a $1,500
scholarship from the team’s basic manager, Marc Bergevin.
“As a sports activities group, we are really proud to have been advertising
the sporting and academic achievement of younger hockey players across the province
for 12 yrs, and to, when once again tonight, emphasize the superb performance
of our recipients both equally on the rink and on college benches,” stated Geoff
Molson, president and CEO of the Montreal Canadiens Hockey Club.
Many thanks to the bursary
software made in 2008, the Montreal Canadiens enjoy an lively function in the
growth of homegrown expertise. In 2015, the partnership with the Fondation de l’athlète d’excellence was
prolonged for one more five yrs with an amount of $250,000 invested in the
software until finally 2020.
“What much more could
a younger hockey university student hope for than to be supported by the Montreal Canadiens?
The Fondation de l’athlète d’excellence
is genuinely proud of this precious collaboration from the Habs, which goes
perfectly past financial help, reminded Claude
Chagnon, president of the FAEQ. Indeed, what a feeling to be inspired by
the most well known hockey club in the globe! The Montreal Canadiens are a
prestigious and critical associate for the FAEQ, and alongside one another, we are committed to the
achievement of our province’s finest hockey university student-athletes.”
This yr, the
Montreal Canadiens Bursary System, administered by the FAEQ in partnership
with Hockey Québec and the Midget AAA Hockey League, will advantage 29
university student-athletes concerning the ages of 15 and 17, who had been chosen for their
on-ice achievements as perfectly as their academic effects. Eight had been awarded to
laureate players from the women’s Quebec staff looking for a choice with
Canada’s national staff, even though 21 bursaries had been handed out to younger hockey
players from the Midget AAA amount. One particular of the eligibility conditions for the Fondation
de l’athlète d’excellence scholarships focuses in the scholastic perseverance
of younger athletes in getting ready for a occupation immediately after sports activities.
Born January 21, 2002 in Laval
Academic Excellence of $1500
- Goaltender with the Laval-Montréal Rousseau-Royal of the Midget AAA Hockey League.
- Recorded 6 wins, 9 losses and 1 SOL with a .882 save percentage in 16 online games in his rookie period with Rousseau-Royal
- Participating in with the Laval Patriotes midget staff, he was chosen 70th general by the Chicoutimi Saguenéens in the 2018 QMJHL draft
- Took aspect in the 2018 Gatorade Challenge with the Newfoundland entry
- Presently completing his last large college yr in the sports activities growth software at École Antoine-de-Saint-Exupéry. He posted an 88% academic normal in the 1st expression
- Impressed by Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Jérémie ideas on continuing his education and learning toward a professional medical degree. Even though suiting up with the Saguenéens in 2019-20, he will also study Character Science at the collegiate amount. He hopes to do the job in the industry of pediatric or sports activities medication.