PITTSBURGH – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Saturday night’s game against the Penguins at PPG Paints Arena.
1. Following Saturday’s morning skate, head coach Claude Julien confirmed that the Canadiens will be featuring the same lineup that went up against the Maple Leafs earlier in the week in Toronto. That means that Tomas Plekanec, Karl Alzner and Nikita Scherbak will all be healthy scratches against the Penguins.
2. The Penguins exploded for seven goals in a 7-6 overtime win over the Washington Capitals on Thursday night in Pittsburgh. Seven Penguins players generated multi-point efforts, with Evgeni Malkin (1G, 2A) and Kris Letang (2G, 1A) leading the way offensively with three points each.
3. Carey Price will get the start in goal for the Canadiens on Saturday night to close out the season-opening road trip. The six-time All-Star was brilliant against the Maple Leafs in his previous outing, making his fair share of highlight-reel stops to the delight of Habs fans in attendance at Scotiabank Arena.
4. This marks the first of two matchups between the Canadiens and the Penguins in a one-week span. Head coach Mike Sullivan’s squad will be in Montreal next Saturday night for a showdown at the Bell Centre. Then, the two clubs won’t see one another again until early March north of the border.
5. Puck drop on Saturday night is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The game can be viewed on TV on City and TVA Sports. You can also listen to all the action on TSN 690 and 98,5 fm. Following the contest, the Canadiens will return to Montreal where they’ll be playing their home opener at the Bell Centre next Thursday night against the Los Angeles Kings. To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE.